[osg-users] [osgOcean] How to compile osgOcean

Dominic Stalder dominic.stalder at bluewin.ch
Mon Nov 30 23:56:23 PST 2009

Hi Tian

thanks for the feedback. I have the following folder structure:

/
    /includes
    /resources
    /src
       /oceanExample
       /osgOcean

When i try to first compile in the /srce/osgOcean with cmake . it brings
me the following error:

dst-osx-001:osgocean dst$ cmake src/osgOcean/
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:105 (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES):
  Link library type specifier "optimized" is followed by specifier "debug"
  instead of a library name.  The first specifier will be ignored.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

... more warnings ...

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:105 (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES):
  The "debug" argument must be followed by a library.

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Regards
Dominic