[osg-users] Picking bug?

Fred Thegreat fclaux.gvs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:24:22 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to do picking by using computeIntersections.

Please find the attached picture (skydome).

Balls represent intersection points, lines represent normal vectors.

Whenever I try to pick the top of the dome (not the inside), I get a correct intersection point but the normal vector is wrong. When I pick from the inside the yellow lines go downwards, as expected.

I have noticed other strange behaviors with more complex models. Sometimes, the first intersection point/normal vector pair is not returned. Other times, the intersection point and/or the normal vector is wrong.

We're using OSG 2.8.1 but I tested a recent version and experienced the same issue.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
Fred

Read this topic online here: