[osg-users] PageLod makes me crazy !

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Mon Nov 30 08:40:30 PST 2009

Vincent Bourdier wrote:
> Hi all,
> Managing a huge model (around 1.5Go in IVE ) I cut it into parts and set
> pagedLod on each part with two LOD.

  I know English probably isn't your primary language, but this description is too
incomplete to really mean much to anyone. Can you give a more complete description of how
this scenegraph was built? Is this VPB terrain, or some arbitrary models?

> On a big one (first LOD : 20 Mo file and second LOD : 450 Mo file ) when
> the second LOD is loaded, osgviewer lags a lot during a couple of
> seconds, then is do not render anything... but the stats seems to
> indicate that the model is loaded and rendered.

  Could it be that the two pieces of data are very large or far apart, and are messing up
the clipping distance or centering of the viewer?

  Does it work if just one model or the other is loaded?