[osg-users] VPB binaries execution question - "procedure entry point H5Dopen not found in hdf5dll.dll"

Fabrício Cardoso fabricardoso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 07:48:37 PST 2009

Hi,

I just started out with OpenSceneGraph and I was asked to study how to
build terrains from heightmaps using osgTerrain. Searching around OSG
resources, I came upon Virtual Planet Builder and decided to give it a
try. So, using SVN, I obtained OSG 2.9.5 and the VPB version which is
compatible with it. Also, I installed FWTools 2.4.6 to obtain GDAL
(libsquish was not included in it, but I found in the forums that is
was not really necessary, so I ignored...). Both OSG and VPB built
just fine with Visual Studio 8.0.
Following the osgdem guide whose link to it is pasted below, when I
tried to execute the osgdem application (or the other VPB apps), the
following message was shown: "The procedure entry point H5Dopen could
not be located in the dynamic link library hdf5dll.dll." and the
program closed. I looked for references to H5D within the solution
code, but couldn't find anything, and the mentioned dll exists in the
bin folder of FWTools. I also quickly searched around the mailing list
files, but no success as well... So, I'm kind of lost.
Can someone help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Fabricio Silva