[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Thomas Hogarth thomas.hogarth at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 28 22:30:34 PST 2009

Me again

Fixed my problem, I discovered single threaded mode will call the graphics
window releaseContextImplementation method. I for some reason had taken that
to mean literally release my context so I had made it null. Next frame the
context would be lost so no new content in the buffer. Silly me :)

It has highlighted one issue though, that behavior on simulators and devices
can differ at lower levels. For now I will explicitly set the threading mode
but thought perhaps something could be added to suggestBestThreadingModel()
to ensure users are getting the most consistent results across platforms?

Things are looking close to complete, I'm just going to finish the input
stuff for the graphics window to get the trackball manipulator working
properly then I should be able to post the code for others to try out.

I was thinking of making one touch be left mouse drag (rotate view), two
touches to be middle mouse drag (pan view) and detect a basic pinch for
right mouse drag up/down (zoom). I'll keep you posted.

Tom

PS
Attached some pics of it running on my ipod touch