[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Thomas Hogarth thomas.hogarth at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 28 19:55:52 PST 2009

Hi

More info on the IPhone viewer problem that might make the issue clearer. I
set the notify level to DEBUG_FP and saw that the output between simulator
and device were different, a summary is below

-Simulator

_threadingmode = DrawThreadPerContext

Console output:
draw() 0x42561b0
cull()
cull() got SceneView 0x42563f0
end cull() 0x42561b0
draw() got SceneView 0x42563f0
end draw() 0x42561b0

-Device

_threadingmode = singleThreads

Console output:
cull_draw() 0x1151380
end cull_draw() 0x1151380

These were the reults if I did not explicitly set the threading mode myself.
Once I noticed this i set the threading mode to single and ran on the
simulator, which also caused the updates to stop working. As a quick test I
built a standard OSX example running in single threaded mode and that worked
so cant be a problem with the mode itself.

Could my graphicsWindow implementation be causing the problem?

Tom