[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Thomas Hogarth thomas.hogarth at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:50:01 PST 2009

Hi Robert

Soz for the slow reply, there had been a fire in the shop below my flat and
been busy cleaning smoke damage :(. Luckily it didn't effect any of my
computers though :)

I've attached a screen shot of osg in action on the IPhone  simulator. This
scene is using ive file, png textures and the first pass of the IPhone
graphicsWindow implementation so has a working trackball manipulator and
uses osgViewer.

i would have attached some screens of it on the device, but have run into a
problem. When using osg::SceneView I was able to run animation etc on both
Simulator and device. Now I have moved to a osg::Viewer impelmentation the
device version has stopped working.

I get the first frame rendered, but then no animation occurs, input events
have no effect and even manual updates of matrices have not visible effect.
A brief investigation showed the timer was working correctly (also passed my
own simulationTime) and that input events were still making it into the
queue.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this might be, so far I've tried
setting the threading mode to singleThreaded but this has had no effect. I'm
a bit stumped, I'll investigate further and see if I can give more details

Cheers
Tom