[osg-users] Slave camera configuration by config file

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 01:20:38 PST 2009

Hi Paul,

It would be great to be able to detect the physical arrangement when
you have multiple displays, if there are API solutions then encoding
this into the WindowingSystemInterface and implementing this in the
GraphicsWindowWin32/X11 etc would be great.

Such autodetection won't get you all the way though, powerful
configuration file support where we could write out as well as read
the full configuration would be great.  I've done part of the work
towards this with the .view plugin, but it's only partly completed -
just another one of those tasks that I've been unable to get back to
due to the great tide of work that's come my way over the past couple
of years.

I would very much like to be able to get back and complete the job...
BTW, the .view format is a variation on the the standard .osg format,
you can even potentially put OSG scene graph objects into a .view file
- this gives one the possibility of encoding distortion correction
into the setup.

Robert.