[osg-users] [3rdparty] How to configure VPB to start compiling database at random tiles.

Torben Dannhauer zonk at saguaro-fight-club.de
Thu Nov 26 11:11:02 PST 2009

Hi,

I compile a large Database (800GB terraindata) to a single database.

so far it is compiling, but besides 2 processes, all other osgdem instances are more or less at idle, waiting for disk.

My source data is spreaded above 4 Disks to lower the disk load an consist of the following directories with their content files:
-North
-South
-East
-West
-HiRes-Inlay
-DEM

unfortunately VPB starts to render in the "south" section and assign worktasks from south to all cores - therefore my disk containtin "south" is under heavy load, and all other disks are at idle.

Is it possible to configure VPB to start at random tiles, so some tasks are working on "north" data, some other at "HiRes" and so on?
This way ALL disks would be under load and no osgdem instance would have to idle :)

Thank you for your help.

Torben

Thank you!

Cheers,