[osg-users] Problem with Camera::inheritCullSettings

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 05:44:39 PST 2009

HI Paul,

My inclination would be to add an extra CullSettings inheritance mask
value for inheriting the ClearMask - as this would fit the way that
other variables are inherited down.

As for the naming of inheritCullSettings, I do also feel that it's not
perfect for conveying what it does, as ordinarily we would think of
cull to do just with scene graph traversal, rather than traversal of
the topmost Camera.  However, in implementation these settings control
what happens in the cull phase, and this does encompass traversal of
cameras as well as the scene graph. Given this I think it's not too
bad a naming.

Robert.