[osg-users] [osgOcean] Wake effects?

Kim Bale kcbale at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:31:58 PST 2009

Hi Peter,

Well this is really what the many weird and wonderful configurable
options are for in OceanScene, nearly every effect can be turned off
an on to suit the graphics card configuration. I think it's probably
better to do it this way, rather than grouping them together to give
the low,medium and high settings, as you can fine tune the rendering
to suit the available hardware.

The core water shader itself isn't so expensive, it's largely the pre
render passes that bring down the frame rate and all of these can be
turned off and on as desired.

(I think) the problem with Tians card at the moment is that the water
shader in the trunk has used up all the maximum number of uniforms
permitted on nvidia 7 series card which use a version of glsl that I'm
not 100% sure of. But I think this can be worked around, I just
haven't got round to it yet (plus it's quite hard to test without a
suitable card)

K.