[osg-users] [ANN] The book OpenSceneGraph Design and Implementation is published

Wang Rui wangray84 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:28:49 PST 2009

Hi all,

After 3 months of long waiting (from the SIGGRAPH to present), I am very
pleased to announce that, the book *OpenSceneGraph Design and Implementation
*, which is written by Wang Rui and Qian Xuelei and predicted on the OSG
BOF, finally COMES OUT!

Wang Rui and Qian Xuelei, OpenSceneGraph Design and Implementation, Tsinghua
University Press, 2009.11;
ISBN: 978-7-302-21303-1; Price: 45.00Yuan (about $6.6); Paperback, 377
pages.

Please visit the Tsinghua University Press website for more information
about this book:
http://www.tup.com.cn/book/Showbook.asp?CPBH=033945-01&DJ=45

Chinese readers may order it from:
http://product.dangdang.com/product.aspx?product_id=20732977

The book resource website:
http://code.google.com/p/osgenginebook/

You may freely download the full examples source code and have an overview
of them here. Hope the 38 very short examples may help you even without
reading the book. I try to build the website Chinese-English bilingual, so
don't worry about language limitations. :)

More snapshots could be found at http://code.google.com/p/osgenginebook/

I’d like to thank Don Burns and Robert Osfield for their creative efforts to
give birth to OpenSceneGraph, as well as over 1700 (maybe even more today?)
members of the OSG core community and over 2400 members of the osgChina
community, for their support and contribution all the time!

Many thanks to Paul Martz of the Skew Matrix, for his tremendous passion for
improving OSG documentations and great help on supporting the publication of
this book. He also took time out of his busy schedule writing the foreword.

Thanks to Wei Zhanying, Guan Yanling, Chen Xuexia and Su Yuyang of Beijing
Geo-Vision, for providing all kinds of assistance to the author during
writing.

Thanks to Xiong Jian of Tsinghua University Press, Zhu Youhong of 3DVRI, Gao
Feng of Appsoft, Xu Mingliang of Zhejiang University, CG Laboratory of
Beijing Forestry University and Yang Shixing, Xiao Peng and He Sicong of the
osgChina Team, for technical reviewing, providing images and examples, and
contributing in some other way.

Thanks to my co-author Dr. Qian Xuelei, for helping me finish some chapters
and proofread the entire text.

Finally, I should thank my parents Wang Lihang and Bao Ximei, and my fiancee
Leng Qin. I could not have done this without their patience and moral
support during the whole time.

Best wishes,

Wang Rui