[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Nov 25 07:04:30 PST 2009

Hi Robert, Jason,

> I would see similar crashes / missing textures, but only when previous
> context ID's were reused, and only when using paged databases.

I'd sure like to see this fixed... I posted an example reproducing the
issue on osg-users a while back but Robert was busy on the GLES port.
Now that you're done, could you investigate that issue (which seems
related to this one too) please?

Note that the issue happened both with and without the texture pool
support for me (in fact we spotted it in our app which is built on OSG
2.6). We worked around the issue temporarily by incrementing the context
usage count so that context IDs are not reused, but it would be better
of course if OSG cleaned up after itself correctly when a context was
destroyed so that context ID reuse would work correctly.

If you want me to repost my (and Jason's) latest code that reproduced
the issue with context ID reuse, just ask. I think you can get it from
the link Jason posted though.

Thanks in advance,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com