[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:45:28 PST 2009

Hi J.P,

I've tried out your example and found that with paged databases and
your supplied model everything works fine for the first viewer then on
the subsequent viewer I get:

Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after RenderBin::draw(..)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'out of memory' at after RenderBin::draw(..)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'out of memory' at after RenderBin::draw(..)

For none paged databases, even ones with texturing I'm not getting any
errors though, for any of the viewer runs.  I really don't know what
this means if anything, perhaps just a coincidence. Curiously your
database uses straight osg::Geometry meshes for geometry, while the
ones of mine were built with osgTerrain::TerrainTile.  Your database
will be only loading the topmost tile so the DatabasePager won't
actually be even playing a part, so I doubt this is part of the
equation.

While I can't see a particular pattern emerging, I can at least
reproduce the issue.  I'll try and remove the multi-view element to
the equation as I wouldn't have thought use of CompositeViewer will be
a particular problem for VBO/Texture object usage.

Robert.