[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Wed Nov 25 00:28:22 PST 2009

Hi Robert, J-S,

the results of my most recent tests:

With old texture pool (#define USE_NEW_TEXTURE_POOL 1 commented out):

./test cow.osg -> All OK

./test earth_sphere_dt1.ive -> All OK (see model attached)

./test earth.ive -> sometimes corrupted model and textures, sometimes
segfault, looks like reading bogus data from the GPU (I used the top
level file from www.openscenegraph.org/data/earth_bayarea/earth.ive)

With new texture pool:

./test cow.osg -> All OK

./test earth_sphere_dt1.ive -> textures missing on second viewer start,
get warning:
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at After
Renderer::compile

./test earth.ive -> segfault or corrupted display.

Latest test app also attached. I've tried to switch off unref of images
after apply, hope it worked.

regards
jp