[osg-users] [build] How to properly use the OSG_GL3_AVAILABLE CMake option?

John Price john.price00 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 09:28:14 PST 2009

Hi Robert,

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. Your assumptions were correct, I had not turned off the other GL options.

I am planning to play with gl3 a little, there must be some advantages to using it. But it also seems at first glance that one might be giving up some optimizations in OSG by not using gl1 and gl2. I am curious if it might be useful to create a gl3 compatibility context to take advantage of existing optimizations. I have to admit that I have found only bits and pieces of useful information on gl3 even though it appears to be at rev. 3.2. My assumptions about a compatibility context could be completely off.

If you or Paul Martz have found a source of useful information about gl3 I would be very appreciative if you could share it with me and the OSG community. In the mean time I will begin the learning curve by doing.

Thank you!

Cheers,
John

Read this topic online here: