[osg-users] Databasepager + multiple views + different camera positions = memory leak?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 09:22:28 PST 2009

Hi Sergey et. al,

I'm finally getting back ontop of my submissions backlog and will be
allotting time this week to investigating outstanding issues.  The
DatabasePager issue being one of them.  The first step for me is
recreating the issue so I've got your main.cpp example up and
compiling under my system, and tested it out against the VPB built
example database up on osg-users:

   http://www.openscenegraph.org/data/earth_bayarea/earth.ive

I've also integrated Michael Bach Jensen's suggested custom MyPager to
keep tabs on memory growth.  I'll add more stats to this as well.

My thought is that it'd be worth using this code as a basis for a new
OSG example that can be used as testbed for reproducing, debugging and
then an ongoing unit test.  Are you happy for the code to be used/open
sourced in this way?

My second thought is that we'll need to use a common database or set
of databases and record camera paths for each of the windows to force
the same conditions so that we can measure before and after results as
we adjust values/algorithms/"fix" bugs.   Are you able to reproduce
the problem with the above database?

The issues with TXP databases will also need a TXP database.  Ideally
also so expertise from TerraPage guys if any are left as the code base
is primarily written by them.  I know a lot of them lots jobs when the
various buyouts happened so I know if there is anybody else left to
help out.  Is there anybody out there on support?

Robert.