[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Tue Nov 24 08:23:17 PST 2009

Hi Robert,

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi J.P,
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM, J.P. Delport <jpdelport at csir.co.za> wrote:
>> Latest SVN indeed works as expected. I must have been using a dud version
>> from somewhere in svn land.
>>
>> Sorry for the noise folks... move right along... nothing to see here...
>
> Does this mean that there isn't a bug to look into?  Can I now safely
> ignore this thread?

this is what I hoped, but no. I just now reran the example I attached
with terrain as the parameter instead of cow.osg and now it again fails
on the second viewer being created. The textures of the particles are
OK, but textures on the terrain are missing. When zooming into terrain,
the newly loaded textures are OK.

I've again tried by commenting out

#define USE_NEW_TEXTURE_POOL 1

and then the terrain is also fine on the second run.

So it seems it's not finished yet, sorry...

jp