[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Tue Nov 24 05:53:06 PST 2009


Hi,

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi J.P.
> 
> I'm still knee deep in merging submissions so can't yet go off
> reviewing user code.  In principle it is possible to mange open and
> closing viewers.  I can point you in the right direction but have to
> let you get on with it otherwise.

I understand, I'll try search for cleanup code, just not sure where to 
start.

Anyone else?

jp

> 
> Robert.
> 
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM, J.P. Delport <jpdelport at csir.co.za> wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Robert Osfield wrote:
>>> Hi J.P,
>>>
>>> The typical problem is that the scene graph has been set up to unref
>>> texture images after apply so when it comes to reloading the texture
>>> images there aren't the to download.
>> should this still happen when I'm completely reloading a scene after the
>> viewer and scene have been deleted completely?
>>
>> It seems that OSG thinks there is still a valid texture it can use after
>> I've deleted the scene and CompositeViewer.
>>
>> Running the attached e.g.:
>> ./test cow.osg
>>
>> Constructing PixelBufferObject for image=0x9547928
>> _maxTexturePoolSize=0
>> _maxBufferObjectPoolSize=0
>> Created new TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects 1
>> Created new TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects 1
>>
>> now I click the X on the window and the app deletes the scene and viewer and
>> creates them anew:
>>
>> _maxTexturePoolSize=0
>> _maxBufferObjectPoolSize=0
>> Reusing orhpahned TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects=1
>> Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(,)
>> Reusing orhpahned TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects=1
>> Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(,)
>>
>> So it tries to reuse something that's not there? How can I convince OSG to
>> drop all caches/buffers/GL objects?
>>
>> jp
>>
>>
>>> Robert.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM, J.P. Delport <jpdelport at csir.co.za>
>>> wrote:
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> I've run into the classic "missing textures" problem when stopping and
>>>> restarting a compositeviewer multiple times in the same app. From
>>>> previous
>>>> threads on this problem it seems to be context cleanup/GL object cleanup
>>>> that does not get done properly, but I'm just using the normal
>>>> CompositeViewer and not messing with contexts/windows/sceneviews myself,
>>>> so
>>>> I thought the cleanup would be handled correctly.
>>>>
>>>> Attached a very slightly modified compositeviewer example. All it does is
>>>> create/destruct the compositeviewer 5 times. When the viewer is created
>>>> for
>>>> the second time, all my textures are gone (just run without any
>>>> arguments).
>>>>
>>>> Can anyone confirm the missing textures? Any hints as to what else needs
>>>> to
>>>> be done to make sure everything is cleared/flushed correctly?
>>>>
>>>> thanks
>>>> jp
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
>>>> e-mail
>>>> legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The
>>>> full
>>>> disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
>>>>
>>>> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>>>> MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec
>>>> Computers for their support.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> osg-users mailing list
>>>> osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
>>>> http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> osg-users mailing list
>>> osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
>>> http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org
>>>
>> --
>> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
>> legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full
>> disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.
>>
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
>> MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec
>> Computers for their support.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> osg-users mailing list
>> osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
>> http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> osg-users mailing list
> osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
> http://lists.openscenegraph.org/listinfo.cgi/osg-users-openscenegraph.org

-- 
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. 
The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, 
and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.



More information about the osg-users mailing list