[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Tue Nov 24 04:32:25 PST 2009

Hi Robert,

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi J.P,
>
> The typical problem is that the scene graph has been set up to unref
> texture images after apply so when it comes to reloading the texture
> images there aren't the to download.

should this still happen when I'm completely reloading a scene after the
viewer and scene have been deleted completely?

It seems that OSG thinks there is still a valid texture it can use after
I've deleted the scene and CompositeViewer.

Running the attached e.g.:
./test cow.osg

Constructing PixelBufferObject for image=0x9547928
_maxTexturePoolSize=0
_maxBufferObjectPoolSize=0
Created new TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects 1
Created new TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects 1

now I click the X on the window and the app deletes the scene and viewer
and creates them anew:

_maxTexturePoolSize=0
_maxBufferObjectPoolSize=0
Reusing orhpahned TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects=1
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(,)
Reusing orhpahned TextureObject, _numOfTextureObjects=1
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid value' after RenderBin::draw(,)

So it tries to reuse something that's not there? How can I convince OSG
to drop all caches/buffers/GL objects?

jp