[osg-users] Move write cache file from databasepager.cpp to curl?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 03:39:30 PST 2009

Hi Xlll? Lilinx?  Could you please sign with your name so we don't
have to guess who we are addressing.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM, xll <lilinx at 21cn.com> wrote:
> hi, all
>
>         I want to move write cache file from databasepager.cpp to curl.
> Maybe it is better.

The DatabasePager now uses osgDB::FileCache to manage the local file
cache.  The DatabasePager has to know about the FileCache as it has to
decide which database thread to use to read it - as it needs to avoid
using the http database thread for reading local tiles as doing so
stalls paging unnecessarily.

>        for example:   There are some files on server:
>
>                     1.ive   image1.dds  image2.dds.  Image1.dds and
> image2.dds were used by 1.ive.
>
>         when downloading,  1.ive  is ok,  image1.dds is failed, image2.dds
> is ok.  when we using writeNodeFile for 1.ive,  the result will be wrong.
>
> But if  we use curl to write stream indirectly,  the result will be ok.

I'm afraid I can't work out what the issue is here.  Could you explain
why the result will be wrong, and how use of curl to write the stream
would solve anything.