[osg-users] CompositeViewer context cleanup and missing textures

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Tue Nov 24 01:17:06 PST 2009

Hi all,

I've run into the classic "missing textures" problem when stopping and
restarting a compositeviewer multiple times in the same app. From
object cleanup that does not get done properly, but I'm just using the
normal CompositeViewer and not messing with contexts/windows/sceneviews
myself, so I thought the cleanup would be handled correctly.

Attached a very slightly modified compositeviewer example. All it does
is create/destruct the compositeviewer 5 times. When the viewer is
created for the second time, all my textures are gone (just run without
any arguments).

Can anyone confirm the missing textures? Any hints as to what else needs
to be done to make sure everything is cleared/flushed correctly?

thanks
jp