[osg-users] NewB questions about osg

Priyank Jain fly2priyank at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:18:06 PST 2009

Hi,

I just started using openScenegraph and it has been pretty smooth for me till now. I am making a simple racquet-ball game for my VR class (using a CAVE system). I have some basic questions to ask..

1. What coordinate system does OSG follow ?
Right handed, I presume ? Also, x points to East ? Y up or into the screen ? I couldn't find the thumb diagram on the website. Can you guys please refer me to the right convention or link ?

2. How do I generate Bounding box/ bounding sphere for a given box/ sphere geometry? Can this information be embedded in the model and extracted using any of the plugins ?

3. Is there something pre-defined for collision detection-resolution wrt Bounding box and bounding sphere in osg ?

I am exploring ways to handle the collision between the wall and the ball and not sure if there are things already built-in open scenegraph that I can use or do I have to write code to handle that ?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you!
/Priyank

Read this topic online here: