[osg-users] Trees, Grass and Shadows

Peter Wraae Marino osghelp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 01:31:13 PST 2009

Hi osgUsers,

I have question about rendering shadows on grass billboards. This is
not a question about anything missing or not working in
OpenSceneGraph, but a question how to solve a problem with shadows and
grass.

The problem is the grass are created using a shader that creates
billboard instances, so all grass you see in the video are billboards.
When the shadowmap is applied to the grass billboard I get streaks at
certain camera angles. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so the
grass looks more natural on a grass billboard.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuEVJ-2xQO0

regards,
Peter Wraae Marino