[osg-users] [osgPlugins] osganimation plugin and static linking

Kazimir De Paris stratboy61 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 06:56:51 PST 2009

Hi there,

I am very new to OpenSceneGraph and I apologize in advance if this question already has an answer in this forum.

I am using the static version of OpenSceneGraph, under windows.  I recompiled the sources with the OSG_LIBRARY_STATIC flag.
I compiled and tested the osgstaticviewer, and it works fine.

Now, I recompiled the osganimationviewer example in a separate project.  I added the following macros, as specified in the osgstaticviewer project :
USE_OSGPLUGIN(ive);
USE_OSGPLUGIN(freetype);
USE_OSGPLUGIN(osg);
//USE_OSGPLUGIN(osganimation);
USE_OSGPLUGIN(rgb);
USE_OSGPLUGIN(OpenFlight);
// include the platform specific GraphicsWindow implementation.
USE_GRAPHICSWINDOW();

It does compile if I comment USE_OSGPLUGIN(osganimation), but then the program tries to find the osgAnimationd.dll and osgdb_osganimationd.dll (I saw this thanks to OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL set to DEBUG).
It fails to link if I leave the USE_OSGPLUGIN(osganimation) macro on, and says :
AnimtkViewer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _osgdb_osganimation

I have osgdb_osganimationd.lib (static version) in my list of Additional Dependencies...

Once again, I am sorry for that newbie question, but I thought that it could save me several hours and take only a couple of minutes to answer.
So has anyone successfully compiled and run a "osgstaticanimationviewer" ? :-)
Thank you in advance for your answers,
Cheers,
Stratboy61

Read this topic online here: