[osg-users] [vpb] Building terrain from the set of points (northing, easting, elevation)

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:10:56 PST 2009

Janna,

Both VPB and osgEarth use GDAL under the hood to read heightfield data. So
either: use one of the GDAL-supported formats (
http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html) that matches your data type, or
transform your data into one of those formats. Then either VPB or osgEarth
will be able to read it.

Regarding VPB or osgEarth, this explains the difference in a nutshell:
http://wush.net/trac/osgearth/wiki/FAQ#osgEarthvs.VPB

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :
+1.703.652.4791