[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Nov 20 12:44:40 PST 2009

Hi Eric,

> According to the article, they admittedly used private APIs which is
> explicitly forbidden in Apple's license terms. I don't believe getenv
> or any ANSI C function is considered private. Private stuff is usually
> proprietary Apple APIs hidden away and undocumented which you have to
> go out of your way to use. I can't imagine OSG would hit any of these
> either by accident or on purpose.

I understand. I just thought calls named "_NSGetEnviron" and
"exc_server" (those are the calls they refer to in the article) sounded
like "get some environment variable" and some threading functions, so I
thought it might be possible that the low-level implementations of some
functions might use them without us being aware of it...

But if the likeliness of that happening is close to null, that's great.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/