[osg-users] Rendering on two GPUs under linux

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:01:22 PST 2009

Hi Roman,

The osgViewer supports two side by side graphics windows/cards by
default.  Just run osgviewer cow.osg and it should come up across both
displays without any changes from yourself.  osgViewer is designed to
work seamlessly across multiple displays/graphics cards and will do
everything automatically for you.

If you do end up needing fine grained control then you'll just need to
set up the viewer with two slave cameras, one slave for each display,
you can provide all the appropriate eye offsets.  Have a look at the
osgwindow and osgcamera examples for slave setup, or just the code
within src/osgViewer/View.cpp such as setUpViewAcrossAllScreens();

Robert.