[osg-users] Why is one object split into two same-level nodes in OSG 2.8.2

Nguyen Tien Dat tiendatbk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:06:18 PST 2009

OK. I figured it out. It's due to a strange problem with smoothing
group. In the obj file there are many "s 1" and "s 2"  (mean that
group 1, group 2). It should keep increase the counter (i.e. "s 1", "s
2", "s 3", "s 4", etc) instead of using "s 1" and "s 2" alternatively.
The obj loader consider them as two groups, and when converting to the
scenegraph, it somehow creates two nodes. If I just ignore smoothing
groups (either delete all "s ..." in the obj file or do not process
"s" command in obj loader) then it should be fine.
Dat