[osg-users] SO version inconsistency

Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Thu Nov 19 06:42:12 PST 2009

Hi,

Robert Osfield writes:

> I've now removed it to return the include file list to what it was
> before I made the changes so should fix the build.  Right now I
> haven't removed Version from the include/osg, so having it in the
> include file list won't be a problem, but... do we now remove Version
> from svn?  We probably don't need to as it's not something that varies
> from install to install like Config does.

I think we should remove Version, because things are not working
now. What it is getting installed is the old Version file. I did the
test of modifying it with some incorrect values and I could verify that
those values were present on the file copied by the installation
process.

IMHO the fixes would be either to remove Version and put the output of
the configured Version.in in its place, PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR, as my
snippet showed, or to write an install rule to copy the configured
Version.in after the build from the binary directory.

--

Alberto