[osg-users] Using OsgSim Overlay

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Thu Nov 19 02:16:40 PST 2009

Hi,

Vaibhav Bansal wrote:
> Hello jp,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> How do I check if the 'resolution' of ovelay geometry is changing.

imagine the following:
You want to overlay a 1024x1024 checkerboard onto the earth and you have
a 512x512 overlay texture. If you view the whole earth it obviously
would not look good - too much detail to fit into the texture. What the
view dependent modes try to do is this: When you zoom in, you only see a
piece of the checkerboard, so now the 512x512 texture can contain only a
piece of the checkerboard and so you see "more detail" of the overlayed
geometry.

I think this is the effect you are seeing when you are moving the view
around.

jp