[osg-users] Best ways to render "FE" models with millions of tris and quads

Andrew Cunningham osg at a-cunningham.com
Wed Nov 18 14:25:27 PST 2009

Just for completeness, this is with both VBO and DL off.
It so similar to the VBO version in speed that if I were suspicious I would suggest that I was not turning VBO on as claimed in the VBO version.

However I stepped into the code, and see that VBO buffers are being created - that seemed pretty definitive to me.

For the full 3 million vertex model, the FPS is ~20FPS for DL and 1-2 FPS for VBO on and about the same for VBO off/DL off. The model is broken up into a significant number of subobjects, so the performance is probably not 100% optimal, but the DL version is pretty good as far as I am concerned.

Andrew

Read this topic online here: