[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Nov 18 06:51:05 PST 2009

Hi Robert, Thomas,

> Great new on the ES ports. I've been fiddling with OpenGL ES on IPhone
> and had up till now been using my own very basic port of OSG. I would
> most certainly be up for trying to get the latest trunk to compile on
> IPhone. I recon osg shouldn't be too much trouble it's osgDB that scares
> me :)

One thing you apparently need to be careful of is that Apple is now more
careful in its screening of iPhone apps that are submitted for the App
Store, they apparently got bitten by some apps harvesting phone numbers
and such... I don't know personally, but I read it here:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/33266/Unity-iPhone-games-rejected-by-Apple
http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=35744

Seems some of the calls they rejected apps for seems to be an equivalent
of getenv(), which OSG uses, so it might be interesting to check the
actual approval rules and see if we can disable things that would cause
apps to be rejected with an iphone-specific define in CMake or something.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/