[osg-users] setNumChildrenRequiringUpdateTraversal

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:31:45 PST 2009

Hi Glenn,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Glenn Waldron <gwaldron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it legal to call setNumChildrenRequiringUpdateTraversal() during the CULL
> traversal?

I certainly isn't something I would do, but you will probably get away
with it in you have single threaded cull.

As for legality, there depends upon you local laws, here in the UK we
have some pretty obscure ones dating back hundreds of years which make
no sense today, but even then I don't think this particular type of
coding is illegal.  Oo perhaps is someone has patented then it might
be....

> I ask because I'm getting a very hard-to-replicate crash in that method and
> I'm trying to eliminate possibilities.

You have my sympathy, I've spent many hours in my career banging my
head off the way when trying to track down such bugs.  I don't have
much wisdom to help other than perseverance and that both methodical
and lateral thinking are useful for getting you through such pits of
codiing despair :-)

Good luck,