[osg-users] [forum] how add SDL in osg project

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:22:11 PST 2009

Hi Ivan,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Ivan Salguero <r_kenshin182 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm programming in  Visual Studio 2008, i'm working with osg but i need use osgmovie and this require SDL and i don't know how add SDL in my project....i need some help

The SDL support in osgmovie is optional.  CMake should automatically
build osgmovie.cpp without SDL if it isn't present.

If you want to build with SDL to get access to the audio test parts
required for the ffmpeg plugin usage then just re-run CMakeSetup to
tell the OSG's build system about where your SDL libs are.

If you find it all too difficult to manage dependencies under Windows
then please consider using a unix system for dev.  It is far easier,
Windows is rather a mess for developer C++ programs.