[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:18:59 PST 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Thomas Hogarth
<thomas.hogarth at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Started to attempt a compile of osg for IPhone last night which has so far
> gone quite smoothly. I have osg and OpenThreads compiling for the platform
> and now need to do a test render.

Good to hear about progress on porting to iPhone.  So which libs do
you now have compiling, just osg and OpenThreads?  What about osgUtil,
osgDB etc?  What problems are you encountering?

> I was wondering if there was a simple method for me to fire off an update
> and draw of a graph without using osgViewer etc?, so that I can ensure it
> really has worked before implementing an osgViewer for IPhone.

You'd need to create your own graphics context then use
osgUtil::SceneView.  Or just comment out the compile of the
GraphicsWindow*.cpp build from the CMakeLists.txt and then build
osgViewer, then use something like osgviewerSDL or osgviewerGLUT to
create the graphics context for you and let osgViewer::Viewer do the
rendering using the GraphicsWIndowEmbedded functionality.

BTW, on the iPhone what is the scheme for creating windows and
graphics contexts?  Is Cocoa based?  Would it be possible to use any
of the existing osgViewer support for OSX?

Cheers,
Robert.

ps. It might be worth changing from digest receipt of mailing list
messages to while you're posting lots.