[osg-users] OpenGL ES-2.0, OpenGL ES-1.1 and OpenGL 3.x support now ready for testing :-)

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Tue Nov 17 15:49:04 PST 2009

Hi Robert -- Thanks for the update. Here's my additional comments for GL3.

The basic stuff is there provided the app takes the responsibility to
make their scene graph GL3-safe. Win32 context creation works, but X11
is TBD as you noted, so if any Linux people would like to step up and do
GLX GL3 context creation, that'd be great.

I'm not sure what to do about OS X (as my Mac doesn't support GL3 so I
have no way to test any code that I might write, plus I'm not sure which
interface supports GL3: AGL? Cocoa? NSOpenGL?)

Still plenty of non-critical GL3 work to be done. One major enhancement
will be modifying vertex attributes to allow specifying an attribute
name rather than a slot number. I've got this on my calendar for first
half of next year.
    -Paul