[osg-users] OSG Talent Available? (internship planning)

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Tue Nov 17 09:27:40 PST 2009

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:
>   Paul Martz, myself and occasionally Mike Weiblen are sort of the old guard of OSG
> community in the Colorado area. we ought to get together sometime and talk. I know Paul
> had a couple of interns this summer, he might be able to tell you more.

Right. I run my own OSG support and development business. It's basically
just me, but I rented office space earlier this year and worked directly
with CU Boulder to bring on two interns. Working with the university was
great, they let me post the job opening on their web site, circulated my
posting through the engineering department, and let me conduct on-campus
interviews. Out of 7 or 8 candidates, I selected two and brought them on
for a few months. It worked out quite well and I was able to get a lot
of good work out of them, part of which is now open source -- the
polygon decimation stuff in osgWorks (http://osgWorks.googlecode.com).
    -Paul