[osg-users] extracting the current image and depth information

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Mon Nov 16 23:01:35 PST 2009

Hi,

a few pointers...

For just a screenshot type app, look at osgscreenshot example.

To get depth information you would have to attach a texture to a Render
to Texture (RTT) camera's depth buffer. An RTT camera can also give you
a copy of the rendered view.

Search the archives for "RTT" "render to texture" "camera attachments"
"FBO" "MRT".

Textures rendered to can be copied back to the CPU as osg::Image's.

There are some osg examples that use render to texture, start with
osgprerender and then search for some of the functions it uses.

For depth related stuff you can probably start at all the shadow examples.

jp