[osg-users] Please Help with Setup

Jacob Armstrong jacob88 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 14 08:25:00 PST 2009

I am at my wit's end with trying to set up Virtual Planet Builder. Hell, I can't even set up OpenSceneGraph successfully. Could someone please send me explicit instructions on how to download/install OpenSceneGraph 2.8.0 and VirtualPlanetBuilder 0.9.10? I've dug through the entire website to no avail, so please do not send me a link to the OSG website. I've been there and done that, and it doesn't help. I'm using a Windows XP machine, and I have VS2003 .NET as well as VS2005. I've tried using svn to get the loads from the repository, but every time I do that it says it cannot connect to www.openscenegraph.org. I've got CMake and when I try to use that, it can never find the include directories for GDAL or OpenSceneGraph (when building VPB). I don't know what the directory structure is supposed to be, and I don't know which Environment Variables need to be set. I'm not sure how OpenThreads and Producer come into play here (if they even do at all). I am in dire need for some help here, and I've exhausted every single link on the website. Someone please help!!!

Thanks,

Jake

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/