[osg-users] osgOcean also rendering with osgParticle?

Kim Bale kcbale at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 13 13:02:07 PST 2009

Hi Erik,

I suspect this is a problem with the default shader that is applied to
all objects that are children of OceanScene. Part of this shader
overwrites the alpha component of the frame buffer which will cause
problems with transparent objects, in your case the particles. This is
required for the glare and depth of field effects that use the alpha
component to store the luminance and depth information rather than
making an additional (and costly) pass to a separate frame buffer
object.

Could you try disabling the glare and depth of field effect and see if
the problem remains?

Cheers.

Kim.