[osg-users] HeightField Performance

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 01:01:12 PST 2009

HI Teodor,

You need to use osgTerrain to do height field rendering.  With larger
datasets you need to start looking at creating a paged database, and
the tool to use for this is VirtualPlanetBuilder to read your source
data and generate paged databases for you.  Using VPB to generated
paged databases you can render terrabyte databases at a solid 60Hz on
standard consumer hardware.

Robert.