[osg-users] osgQtBrowser - compile problem

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Nov 11 13:38:39 PST 2009

Hi all,

For a little while now I've had a local change to my OSG source tree and
didn't think it was important enough to discuss since no one else seemed
to have that problem. I'd like to remove this local change now, so my
tree will build cleanly without any modifications...

In the osgQtBrowser example, QGraphicsViewAdapter.cpp, there is the line

   _graphicsScene->setStickyFocus(true);

I am compiling with Qt 4.4.3, and it seems this method is not available
in this version. A) Is this really necessary, and B) is there some check
we can do (for example #ifdef SOME_VERSION_OF_QT) that would allow us to
skip that method call?

I don't know when setStickyFocus(bool) was added to QGraphicsScene,
maybe Qt 4.5? But as I said, is it even necessary? The example seems to
run well without it, but it's perhaps some detail that I didn't notice
(I'm not familiar with Qt coding).

Can anyone suggest a good fix?

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com