[osg-users] ShadowMap problem...

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Nov 11 12:37:04 PST 2009

Hi Wojtek,

> Generally yes, But don't turn them off but rather alter them with your
> modified shaders.

That's useful when the ShadowedScene is the root of the scene, and your
entire scene can be rendered with a single shader (or uber-shader with
uniforms to select different code paths). But in some cases that might
not be the case.

I find it more convenient to disable the ShadowTechnique's shaders and
just place my own shaders at the root of the scene. Also others may
customize the way their shaders are applied to individual nodes.
Eventually I intend to start using VirtualProgram too... :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/