[osg-users] ShadowMap problem...

Wojciech Lewandowski lewandowski at ai.com.pl
Wed Nov 11 11:47:45 PST 2009

Hi Guys,

MinimalShadowMap
MinimalCullBoundsShadowMap
MinimalDrawBoundsShadowMap
could be useful too sometimes, they take advantage of the same shadow volume
optimization methods as LispSM flavours, but not use skewed projection like
LispSM. This skewed projection is sometimes a problem when used with non
directional lights. It may also bring trouble when one wants to mix smooth
shadows with ViewDependentShadowMap techniques.  So in the end all the
techniques stemming from ViewDependentShadowTechnique have their advantages
and are definitely not abstract (excluding maybe DebugShadowMap which
provides a bottom layer with debuging methods).

Cheers,
Wojtek Lewandowski