[osg-users] Would someone be willing to help me diagnose aperformance issue?

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com
Tue Nov 10 14:03:20 PST 2009

Frank Sullivan wrote on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:51 PM:

> Thanks, Bryan, I'll try and see if there's anything causing multiple
re-draws
> of the geometry or something.
>
> Do you happen to know what the stats under the 'View' column refer to,
in
> this case? E.g., StateSet, Group, Transform, Geode, Drawable, etc.
These seem
> to refer more to higher-level osg concepts, except that this window,
too, has
> a Vertices state which is slightly different than the one under the
Camera
> column (in the Slow App's case, it's 231,648 Unique and 1,389,888
Instance).

I haven't really dug into the stats stuff yet, but you can look at
osgViewer/StatsHandler.cpp in the source to get a start. Basically, it
uses osg::Stats, which has a map of strings (such as "Number of unique
Primitives") to values. The values must be updated somewhere in the
code; likely, you can search for the string to figure out how exactly
they are calculated.

HTH,
--
Bryan Thrall