[osg-users] Setting CullVisitor

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Nov 10 11:22:10 PST 2009

Hi Bryan,

>From experience, I can say that one dynamic_cast per frame per node can really add up to hurt performance :)

Depends how many nodes. For example, for osgOcean::OceanScene, you
should generally have only one in your whole scene. So in that case,

   one dynamic_cast per frame per node == one dynamic_cast per frame

Of course, I wouldn't advocate doing one dynamic_cast per frame in a
node that's going to be used all over the place, hundreds of thousands
of times in the scene... :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/