[osg-users] Setting CullVisitor

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Nov 10 08:54:59 PST 2009

Hi Paul,

I know I risk making the thread diverge into unrelated concerns, but I
wanted to ask:

> If you ever submit
> your node for inclusion in OSG, you can migrate the cull handling code
> into osgUtil::CullVisitor at the time you make the submission. This is
> what I did when I developed OcclusionQueryNode.

Are there advantages to modifying CullVisitor rather than overriding
traverse(), other than one dynamic_cast per frame per node? I think if
that's the only advantage, I'd personally prefer keeping all the code
related to the node type local to the type itself, even if that node
type were to be included into OSG.

But that's a coding style concern, I just want to know what you think
about this and if there's something I have missed.

Thanks,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/