[osg-users] OSG v2.8.0

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:54:07 PST 2009

Hi Jacob,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Jacob Armstrong <jacob88 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, I'll just ignore the link errors for ogr. My main concern is the
> absence of osgdem, which I was using from OSG-1.2. Any idea why that's not
> in 2.8? Also, any ideas on how to incorporate VPBMaster? Do I first need to
> set up OSG? Is VPBMaster just an add-on to OSG? I'm just looking to
> use VPBMaster as a replacement for OSGDem.

VirtualPlanetBuilder contains osgdem, as well as set of other
utitlities for building databases.  You'll be able to use osgdem in
much the same way as you did in the OSG-1.2 days.  However, if you
want to scale your databases up to multi-gibabyte all the way up to
multi-terrabyte they you'll need to use vpbmaster.  Have a look at the
VPB website for more info.