[osg-users] osgShadow question

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Mon Nov 9 10:47:29 PST 2009

Hi Wyatt,

> Which shader is the basic shader, fragmentShaderSource_noBaseTexture or
> fragmentShaderSource_withBaseTexture?

Depends on whether your object has a texture or not. Although now, since
texture lookups are so cheap these days, I would suggest you save
yourself some aggravation and just apply a white 1x1 texture to the top
of your scene graph (which will thus apply to all untextured objects but
won't change anything in their appearance) and use only one shader, the
withBaseTexture one.

See the code for osgShadow::ShadowMap for an example of such a texture
set up.

> I assume it isn’t one for HUD.

What do HUDs have to do with this?

Hope this helps,